Bugs Bunny AI is a mysogonist?!

Hey, I’m not sure what you’re talking about but if this helps: carefulness comes from being vary, seeing, a conscious action, gentle. A joke is something that is usually deadly, it has the ability to destroy egos, borders through this deadliness it forms strong bonds between individuals. Too much of it can kill, timing is everything. Not so much the words said, one can have no clue that he has even made a joke, yet it’s hilarious.

1 Like

For a conscious joke to happen it requires seeing through a situation, seeing/noticing something that others didn’t (they could have noticed it unconsciously) and then pointing out the obvious, the wierd, the gross… A joke will evolve individuals awareness in various ways. It’s an essential tool for growth, laughing at the face of death.

1 Like

The problem with using Bugs Bunny here is that he often was a misogynist. E.g. when he said

“Ah sure, I know. But aren’t they all witches inside?”.

From Bewitched Bunny - Wikipedia

And the number of times Bugs cross dresses also makes him a poor example to evaluate bias in GPT-3

I wonder how different it would be if the prompt used Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck?

2 Likes

Great comment and observation (and reference!) @toontalk! But as I work for WarnerMedia, I’m working with our available IP. Looking forward to the anarchy and jackassery of a Rick Bot (Wubba lubba dub dub!) :joy:

One of my future prototype ideas includes Wonder Woman as well as AdventureTime (my dept got access to all the Looney Toons assets for another project, so it’s currently… Wabbit Season :joy:)

Excelsior!
Drew

1 Like

Apropos AI and Warner, in 1983/84 I was consulting for Atari Research (run by Alan Kay) which was owned by Warner. We had plans to make a Daffy Duck intelligent chatbot - the reasoning being that all the flaws in our chatbot would seem natural to a character like Daffy. Sadly Atari went from very profitable to hugely unprofitable in 1984 so everything was abandoned.

3 Likes

That’s so interesting, why make it? for the kids?

Yeah – This is the prototype.

My goal is to create a voice adventure, scavenger hunt, madlibs-like storytelling with, say Big Bird or Wonder Woman.

Engage kids’ imaginations :smiley:

1 Like

that’s very sweet, do you have kids yourself? If you do, it would be very useful to involve them in this project (if not, then it’s not hard to find one and befriend one haha lol :D)

1 Like

Haha yes! They are my assistants and beta testers :joy:

2 Likes

Yes, we were thinking of making an animator’s assistant for kids.

3 Likes

Such an amazing work you guys are doing here :DD makes me feel good

1 Like

I LOVE that idea! LMK how I can help (besides cheering you on :grin: :clap:)