Assistant generated a random function name

I ask the assistant to summarize a pdf into a smaller pdf, on retrieving the run i got a response
“required_action”: {
“type”: “submit_tool_outputs”,
“submit_tool_outputs”: {
“tool_calls”: [
{
“id”: “call_zj7wq3BPYbvHZmuQohCyMddX”,
“type”: “function”,
“function”: {
“name”: “summarize”,
“arguments”: “{"text":" … some text \nI will now proceed to summarize the key points and create a concise PDF."}”
}
}
]
}
} , its strange because i dont have function with “summarize”, how can assistant create this random function name?

I suspect it is because the model context is filled and loaded with other functions, some specified, some listed, some only described, the AI model is so confused by assistant frameword and without temperature or context limitation it can easily be confused by what exists and what weights of pretraining it should follow for starting a function, generation from which it can’t escape.

i think that could’ve been a possibility if there were more than one function descriptions, but while creating this particular assistant , i defined only one function and its description had nothing to do with the function name generated in output , this was the function i used to create the assistant “tools”: [{“type”: “code_interpreter”},{“type”: “retrieval”},
{
“type”: “function”,
“function”: {
“name”: “getCurrentWeather”,
“description”: “Get the weather in location”,
“parameters”: {
“type”: “object”,
“properties”: {
“location”: {
“type”: “string”,
“description”: “The city and state e.g. Noida, India”
},