I was just googling how to implement this, and your post came up. I would love if you shared the tool with me
Hi @tomasdms, I appreciate your interest!
You can find the guide from Connecting OpenAI Assistant to Slack.
I’d greatly appreciate your feedback. Thank you
I am curious if anyone here set this up. If so, initial reviews?
Great idea and work! I was starting to poke at this using ChatGPT and replit, but after a day of testing, my bot’s responses were nonsensical, and the cost was way too high ($15 with most queries and some test messages). I value this service and want to test it out (I plan on testing it out!), but a few questions. I appreciate any feedback!
- Is there any way to guarantee that data is not extracted? I trust what you are saying, but beyond crossing my fingers, does the architecture prevent you from extracting data? I started testing the Sidekick app (link below for reference) but stopped when I couldn’t figure out where the data from the test systems I connected was going.
Do you plan to open-source anybody the tools you are building? I am sure I will run into clients that hard no a third party. I appreciate any additional direction or resources.
What would you expect the API costs to be based on average observed use (my team is currently about 20-30 users)? I aim to retire our team’s use of individual ChatGPT accounts and hopefully release an equally capable (or more capable, if possible!) chatbot-like bot on them.
This is probably a new API user question, but does gpt maintain memory across bot users? I am curious how data control is managed. I can see the pros and cons of shared memory. HR and sensitive data passing between users would be a nightmare (I.e., an HR manager works with the bot on HR tasks. Could another user extract this data with a targeted prompt?). I also would love the delivery and Sales teams to have access to shared knowledge of previous conversations. Exciting stuff! I have a lot to learn in this space.
I can’t wait to test this out!
I appreciate your interest and the great questions, @CrossPeakZane.
Although PlugBear only receives the messages of threads in which @PlugBear is mentioned, I understand that my saying and service policy may not be safe enough for you.
To guarantee the data is not extracted, we are preparing a) Custom Slack app support and b) SOC 2 Compliance. You will be able to control the permissions by yourself using the custom Slack app. I hope SOC 2 Compliance can help you to be convinced.
Although, as an early-stage startup, making it an open-source project is also one of our go-to-market strategies, we don’t have a specific plan for it yet. As long as it will be irreversible, we are trying to be careful. Please understand our situation.
We are going to release the official product next week, including pricing Please keep your eye on us and wait for one more week. The pricing will be generous and specialized for LLM apps.
If you use OpenAI’s Assistant, the memory is maintained across threads only. PlugBear links a Slack thread with an OpenAI Assistant thread. This means that the memory will be shared only within a Slack thread. So, you don’t need to worry about data passing between users unless they are having conversations in the same thread.
I hope my answer was helpful. I look forward to seeing you use the service
So far the product is as easy as advertised! The only issue I hit was self imposed (needed to put funds into OpenAI).
A couple more questions now that my feet are wet
- I tried pinging the bot directly in Slack. The eyes popped up but nothing happened. Maybe because I didn’t select all channels or maybe by design?
- My goal is to replace ChatGPT. Any hopes of this being able to support questions about live data (like search with bing), or image generation.
- I tried uploading a sample CSV file in a ping to the PlugBear app. The assistant I created to test with has retrieval and code interpreter turned on. I received the error “It appears that there is no file associated with the identifier “U06BP******” or any file uploaded to the conversation. Please make sure to upload the file you want me to analyze, and I’d be glad to assist you with it.”
Again, kudo’s on the product. Feel free to DM me if you are looking for a beta tester
Thank you very much for trying PlugBear
- The eye emoji means that PlugBear is waiting for the response from your LLM app (OpenAI Assistant in this case). Please send me a message via chat bubble on https://plugbear.io if you are still experiencing the issue.
- For your information, OpenAI Assistant does not provide web search and image generation yet. We are preparing a workaround to make it possible by using “function calling”.
- Handling multimodal requests is also an upcoming feature for the paid plan Thank you for asking this. We will make the priority higher.
I greatly appreciate your feedback. It is really helpful for us to prioritize the features!
Also, for the developers out there, I believe you can hook any LLM up to Slack by creating a Slack App and using the Slack Events API.
So basically the user types a message into Slack, this message gets sent to a webhook (your server), the LLM responds and the data is sent back to Slack via another webhook, and the LLM response appears for the user to see.
Pretty neat, huh?
I might have to develop one of these since, while SMS is cool and all, it’s getting harder for folks to provision a phone number because of the 10DLC signup hassles.
So Slack is the perfect “substrate” for creating your own chatbot. Plus it’s extremely cheap, or free, to run.
On my dev bucket list for sure.
snowhale - this is very interesting to me would like to know more details about what you’ve built.
@snowhale First of all, kudos for this great solution. I’ve been using the app for a couple of weeks now, and today I’m here to ask you two specific questions:
- Is it possible to link more than one OpenAI assistant?
@sebsmontilla , I appreciate your feedback!
- Yes, you can connect multiple OpenAI Assistants to different distribution channels, including Slack.
- That’s a good point. We are preparing a way to change the icons of assistants, and you can expect the feature in less than a month. For your information, you can already change the names of assistants.
Thank you very much for your interest in us. Please let me know if you have any further questions!
Since I have the opportunity to speak with you, I’d like to ask if you’ve considered the possibility of an intermediate plan for small businesses? Perhaps something around 10 to 15 dollars, with 5 to 10 connections, and the option for customization.
I work in consulting, and I’d like to be able to offer this possibility to various agencies and partners I work with
Thank you for the request, Sebastian! Yes, we are trying to diversify the plans. We will support more options soon!
BTW, I’d love to learn more about your goals. I will send a DM to learn more Thank you!
Can you please share the link with me too, I’m interested ! TIA!
Hi @webster , I appreciate your interest!
Here is the link for you: Connecting OpenAI Assistants to Slack
You can follow the guide to connect your OpenAI Assistants to Slack. Please let me know if you need any support!
Interested, Can you share it please….