Anyone interested in connecting OpenAI Assistant to Slack?

hey :wave:t3: I’m willing to try it as we’ll add the support for Slack on Knowlee

1 Like

I appreciate your consideration, @knowlee.matt. I shared the link with you via message.

Currently doing battle with this myself. Keen to see how you are handling things!

Update: by using a middleware IPAAS platform I have been able to create a functional Slackbot that creates threaded conversations that maintain the context awareness and conversation history in each thread.

e.g. If you create a private channel and invite the bot then each new message that mentions the bot starts a thread that effectively recreates the basic Chat GPT experience. Just a POC for now but it’s cool to see it working.

Rather than storing the IDs I am passing them back and forward via the metadata objects that both the OpenAI API and Slack make available. In this sense it is effectively stateless from the POV of the middleware.

1 Like

I’ve been looking for a service like this and am very interested in exploring it. I would greatly appreciate it if you could share the link with me!

1 Like

Hey @snowhale, I’d love to know about it

1 Like

I shared it via message, thank you!

Shared it via message, thank you :slight_smile:

Thank you for the comment, @andyp . I just shared the link.

For your information, we use a database to store mappings between Slack message thread ID and OpenAI thread ID.

Hey Can i get this code too/url?

1 Like

I’m interested.
Can you share?
Please.

1 Like

I am interested and want to know more about OpenAI assistant.

1 Like

Shared it via message, thank you!

Hi! I am really interested in it, can you share with me?

1 Like

Shared it via message. Thank you :slight_smile:

hi @snowhale, im interested in trying. could you share it?

1 Like

For everyone that finds this topic here is the link: https://plugbear.io

5 Likes

I found that @grandell1234 shared the link below :slight_smile: Please check PlugBear for more details!

@grandell1234 Thank you for sharing the link! I’d greatly appreciate your feedback :slight_smile: