Amazing deduction

I opened the default-tldr example in Playground and submitted it without change. Part of the latest response is that neutron stars “are the densest objects in the universe, and are composed almost entirely of neutrons.” That information is not part of the prompt! Where is it coming from? Is the AI capable of assimilating and applying off-prompt knowledge of neutron stars? Or applying an amazing deduction from physics? I’ll assume OpenA didn’t game this prompt/response, because misleading us is counterproductive to learning.

2 Likes

It was explained to me that “the models have a lot of information available to them. The API is capable of pulling from its repository of knowledge and rephrasing sections of the original prompt. The temperature value can be used to make the API more creative, essentially going off script. A value of 0 will only provide the facts presented in the prompt, as you increase that temperature value it will add more creative flair.” So I guess the prompt is being used as a jigsaw piece to fit into a much larger puzzle.

2 Likes