If you still have issue with conversations or history gone or missing, please like/comment here and make your voice heard!
This Previous bug from JANUARY (on the community of openai: /t/all-my-conversations-gone/33549) is still happening (~10 months old) and now it is November.
I opened this Topic to voice my disagrement, let other know what service/experience and level of care they pay for and to let others know how much they can trust OpenAI about developing/dealing with AI and their data and how much openAI care (action and not empty talk is what care is shown fundamentally!) for them as a ‘paying customer/user’!
Here is the thing:
I lost ALL my supposedly ‘saved’ conversations from one hour to the next. I did not do any special thing and immediately I researched in the FAQ about this and do all the browser things and clear cache use private tab etc, than I tried to contact openAI, however I DID NOT get any usable help on help.openai.com nor firstname.lastname@example.org other than circling back and refer me to the FAQ, and there is not a real quick and LIVE, competent support channel to deal with such important and frustrating issue when especially is not caused by the user or worst openAI even knows about an issue yet, avoiding to come forward with it and do a real handling by restore user information/data etc after a bug have been found or discovered using existing backup/archive data.
I am really disappointed to face such issue and get NO HELP LITERALLY! C’on…do not tell me that to refer me to the FAQ is really a help, when in fact missing conversations has really nothing to do with the browser, if they do, it is really really a shitty architectural design that is a new born baby level solution/choice or made by a team that is very very irresponsible.
Further I found that “there is NO …”:
- read-only access log (to see when, from where, and on what device/browser/channel).
- proper YubiKey 2FA or any other sensible, properly implemented 2FA that can secure the account. (3rd party solutions like SSO is a joke in my opinion, as that is just a time-bomb waiting to blow up, as that is a single point of failure and one hack of the SSO can effect other part of our digital informations.)
- way to invalidate all sessions either at the time of changing to a new password or to force one once user is logged in and verified by 2FA.
It is unthinkable for me in 2023, that there exist such a company that working on advanced AI technology without regular user data backup/archive that can be just rolled back to undo/fix data lost or corruptions due to bug/hacking/even-user-error, and that there is no email confirmation request/requirement if one wants to really CLEAR ALL the conversations. Nada.
This makes me wonder how much of the training data and the AI’s knowledge is backed-up and protected and on what level? What kind of security wall is built to control the AI’s access to the outside and is it really secure or even cared for to be built properly?
I think there should be a limit of stupidity and irresponsibility.
If anyone (aka customer/user) paying for a service I think it is the minimum to get the following:
- Care for the protection and security of the customer’s information
- If a customer has lost any information/data, especially if it is due to incompetent or bad design or bug, at least he should have a possibility to have a fast/quick, efficient and competent Support line/channels for him as a paying customer.