Accessing the code for a custom GPT

Is there a way to see the code for a custom GPT? I would like to reproduce the calls in my own code.

1 Like

While it’s possible, and, depending on your interpretation of the word abusive, it may not technically be against the ToU

considering that

What You Cannot Do . You may not use our Services for any illegal, harmful, or abusive activity. For example, you may not:
[…]

• Attempt to or assist anyone to reverse engineer, decompile or discover the source code or underlying components of our Services, including our models, algorithms, or systems (except to the extent this restriction is prohibited by applicable law).

and

Ownership of Content. As between you and OpenAI, and to the extent permitted by applicable law, you (a) retain your ownership rights in Input and (b) own the Output. We hereby assign to you all our right, title, and interest, if any, in and to Output.

and

(a) GPT Content. The information or content that you upload to or include with your GPT (for example your GPT name, instructions, and description) (“GPT Content”) is your Content. As between you and OpenAI, you are solely responsible for your GPT Content, Actions, and configurations that you use or enable to create your GPT as well as any Output that is based on your GPT Content, Actions, and configurations. You must ensure your GPT complies with the Agreement and our Usage Policies.

a custom GPT is not considered one of their services, models, alogrithms or systems.

However, I regret to inform you that - as to my knowledge - it’s currently not possible without inherently assisting you in the discovery of the underlying components of their systems

I am not a lawyer

Thanks, but I was just wondering if there was a legit way. I guess it is fairly obvious what’s going on behind the scenes. I’ll just read the API docs :smile: