Suggestion for Multi-Select Chat Deletion Feature in ChatGPT Plus

Hello,

I’ve been a ChatGPT Plus subscriber for $20/month since March 2023, and while I really enjoy the service, there’s one feature I believe could greatly improve the user experience.

I have accumulated a lot of chats over time—some I’d like to keep, but many I’d like to delete. Currently, the process for deleting chats is quite tedious. You have to click on the three dots, then click “Delete,” and finally confirm the deletion for each individual chat. This makes the process time-consuming and nearly impossible when managing many chats.

Would it be possible to introduce a feature that allows for multi-select deletion, similar to how an email inbox works? For example, allowing users to hold down the “Shift” key to select multiple chats at once, then delete them all in one action.

I understand this might not be easy to implement, but it could be very helpful for users like me who have numerous chats to manage. In any case, I will try to adjust my usage by limiting new chats for brief inquiries.

Thanks for considering this suggestion!

Best regards,
Rom

3 Likes

I would append this request to include dragging and dropping historical chats to reorder them